Apprenticeships are a highly cost-effective and rewarding way for organisations to proactively develop and support the public finance and counter fraud professionals of the future. Setting a course for public sector excellence, CIPFA is an approved and established apprenticeship training provider. We deliver apprenticeships in accountancy and counter fraud to over 200 employers and can help you to develop your talent.
Why CIPFA apprenticeships?
The public sector is facing enormous challenges. Particularly in the light of COVID-19 and the technological advances and innovations that are transforming work processes and practice.
One way that organisations can begin to address these challenges is to fill any skills gaps and build up their existing capabilities – and levy-funded apprenticeships may just be the most cost-effective solution.
CIPFA is the only accountancy body in the world exclusively focused on the public sector and our internationally recognised qualifications and training are standard-setting and industry-defining. Our apprenticeship programmes encompass accountancy and counter fraud investigation and offer full support to both apprentices and their employer.
What apprenticeships do we offer?
Our programmes are listed below. Enrolment for our next intake starting in September (the Level 7) and October 2021 (the Level 3 and the two Level 4s) are now open
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship: Includes study for the AAT Advanced Diploma - enrolment closes 31 August 2021
- Level 4 Professional Accounting Technician Apprenticeship: Includes study for the AAT Professional Diploma - enrolment closes 31 August 2021
- Level 7 Accountancy Professional Apprenticeship: Includes study for the CIPFA Professional Qualification - enrolment closes 31 July 2021
- Level 4 Counter Fraud Investigator Apprenticeship: Includes study for the CIPFA Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist qualification - enrolment closes 31 August 2021
Arrange a call now
To start the process or find out more about our apprenticeships, send an email to the team today.
Additional incentive payments
To make hiring an apprentice even more worthwhile, employers will receive £3,000 for new apprentices who have an employment start date of 1 April to 30 September 2021.
Further information on incentive payments for employers hiring apprentices is available on the Gov.UK website.
What are the benefits?
For individuals, apprenticeships are a great opportunity to gain invaluable on-the-job work experience and confidence in a working environment, all whilst earning a salary and undertaking a professional qualification.
For employers, offering apprenticeships helps to develop a highly motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. There are specific requirements to meet:
- You will need to ensure that your apprentices are given sufficient time to learn during working hours to achieve their apprenticeship.
- You are also required to take an active part in supporting the development of your apprentices’ work-based skills and behaviours.
- You will need to take part in regular, CIPFA-hosted review meetings with your apprentice(s) to ensure they are fully prepared to successfully complete their programme.
The apprenticeship levy
Employers in England can use their apprenticeship levy accounts to fund the training costs of new and existing employees.
CIPFA is uniquely placed to support employers and students to maximise the opportunities of the levy – both in our capacity as a professional qualifying body, and as a registered training provider, through CIPFA’s Education and Training Centre (CETC).
Employers in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
CIPFA’s apprenticeship programmes are levy-funded only in England.
For students and employers in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, or those employers
who choose not to use their levy fund, all of our apprenticeships can be undertaken as an employer-funded or self-funded qualifications. Contact us to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit GOV.UK to find information for employers on the benefits of apprenticeships to their business.