Gain the skills, knowledge and expertise required to operate effectively as a finance business partner
All CIPFA members receive 10% off the price of this course.
- Book now for course starting 20 March 2023
- Book now for course starting 19 May 2023
- Book now for course starting 3 July 2023
- Book now for course starting 9 October 2023
- Book now for course starting 18 December 2023
The finance business partner (FBP) model offers a fresh way of meeting the numerous challenges faced by the public sector and is wholly supported by CIPFA. It enables finance practitioners to use their expertise to advise and guide decision makers, giving them a better understanding of the financial implications of their operational and strategic policy decisions.
Our Diploma in Finance Business Partnering focuses on the skills, knowledge and expertise required to operate effectively as a FBP. Blending online and classroom-based training and using a range of methodologies and current best practice, it will enable you to:
- support your organisation from both a strategic and operational perspective
- maximise your influence and the professional support you can offer
- maximise and enhance the relationship between finance and non-finance professionals across your organisation
- place finance at the heart of decision making
- develop a more commercial approach.
You may also be interested in our one-day Introduction to Finance Business Partnering course and our introductory e-learning.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Existing FBPs.
- Those who have undertaken traditional finance functions but whose role now requires them to engage with and provide advice and support to service managers to promote effective decision making for better value for money.
What our delegates say
West and South Yorkshire Police recently completed their Finance Business Partnering programme as part of a back office transformation that will see them move towards an FBP model.
The course is completed over approximately ten months. This includes:
- four days of classroom learning – currently being delivered online
- approximately 100 hours of additional work to complete course reading and assessment requirements.
- Module one: Finance business partnering
- Module two: Commercial acumen
- Module three: Organisational strategy and communicating with impact
- Module four: Behavioural skills and emotional intelligence
- Module five: Influencing skills: impact and presence
- Module six: Transformational change
For each module, you will be asked to submit a written assignment where you provide an analysis of the issues raised during each module and discussion on how you could apply the learning to your workplace and into your own work practices.
Your assignments will be marked against assessment criteria that will be shared with you, and your course tutors will provide support and guidance throughout.
On successful completion of the modules and associated assessment, you will be awarded the CIPFA Diploma in Finance Business Partnering. The diploma has been mapped as broadly equivalent to a level seven (postgraduate) qualification in relation to degree of challenge.
On successful completion of the programme, you can apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership. If you're not already a CIPFA member, this is a great way to access a wealth of resources and networking opportunities.
The programme can be delivered in-house. This is especially cost effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. It also allows us to tailor the course content to your organisation's unique needs and context.
Contact us for more information: email@example.com.
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.
£2,750 + VAT per delegate (open course only).
CIPFA members are entitled to a 10% discount.
Our micro modules are free of charge and offer quick introductions to selected topics. Prepared by CIPFA’s subject matter experts, they deliver key information in an easily digestible, online format.
View our micro modules on:
For the full list of our available micro modules, visit www.cipfa.org/training/micro-modules