Stay up to date with all the latest tax changes
Our Tax Advisory Service combines CIPFA's unrivalled expertise in the public sector with Deloitte's deep technical resources to provide subscribers with access to tax technical events, publications, tax expert contacts, and excellent networking opportunities.
Subscribe to the service for access to:
- topic-specific workshop events with Deloitte's tax advisors
- relevant Deloitte annual tax conferences
- Deloitte Debriefs webcasts featuring tax professionals discussing critical issues affecting your organisation
- regular tax updates from Deloitte, as well as e-alerts on emerging hot topics
- experienced tax advisors who can offer specialist guidance
- networking opportunities with fellow finance and tax professionals at events throughout the yea
Deloitte's tax advisors lead and contribute to a number of topic-specific CIPFA workshop events throughout the year, offering updates on developments within the sector and a chance to network with fellow professionals. Attendance on courses may be free of charge or subject to additional fees, depending on your Financial Advisory Network (FAN) subscription.
Newsletter and e-alerts
Our advisors contribute to a monthly newsletter, updating you on topical tax news, along with periodic 'hot topic' e-alerts.
Subscribers have access to contacts for preliminary discussions on VAT, corporation tax, employment taxes and stamp taxes technical points. You are able to nominate single points of contact within your own organisation to ensure visibility of issues and to assist with the ongoing knowledge transfer typical of such arrangements.
Your contact can provide understanding of key tax issues, as well as context and assistance in determining whether formal advice is required for issues such as:
- transactions or issues involving substantial values or of a high-risk nature
- complex property transactions
- negotiations or correspondence with HMRC
- detailed advice or implementation advice in relation to new or innovative public service delivery structures
Tax advice for Financial Advisory Network subscribers
If you have frequent tax queries or often face more complex issues, you may consider a more formal consultation arrangement with CIPFA and Deloitte. All fees are agreed on an individual basis between Deloitte and the authority, based on the nature and complexity of the query or level of retainer queries anticipated, with most fees lower than the equivalent services for non-subscribers.
Tax training is also available on a wide range of topics to suit your needs, from basics to a deep dive into a specific area. Some courses and topics are hosted by CIPFA within the FAN and Alternative Service Delivery Network training calendar. These are either free or for a small per delegate charge depending on the level of your subscription, but may also be arranged separately for one or more authorities hosted at Deloitte offices or elsewhere.
Find out more
For more information about Deloitte's tax support or the Finance Advisory Network please contact:
Sandeep Dey, Consultant, Indirect Tax, Deloitte
Tel: 0121 696 5938
Tom Smith, Director of Global Employer Services (GES), Deloitte
Tel: 07825 593059
David Ellis, Finance Advisory Network Advisor