Our short courses offer key skills and knowledge, run in-house or as online learning completed in your own time
All our short courses carry CPD hours. If you don't see the topic you're interested in, we can work with you to develop content tailored to your needs.
Contact us about running the course in-house (either via virtual classroom or at your location), a cost-effective, convenient solution for training teams: InHouseTraining@cipfa.org
Technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Commercial Business Skills
- Commercial Skills: Developing Effective Business Models
- Commercial Skills: Commercial Strategy Design
- Business Cases and Costing Techniques for Finance Staff
- An Overview of Alternative Service Delivery Models
Governance, risk and counter fraud skills
Finance Skills for Public Sector Managers
- Budget Management and Control
- Developing a Business Case
- Fraud Awareness
- Commercial Awareness
- Governance and Accountability
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Risk Management and Assurance
What our delegates say
"An excellent course that was delivered perfectly by the instructor. She was able to tailor the course to the needs of the group which was incredibly helpful."
Sharon Lewis, Ministry of Defence
"An excellent course with a first class leader."
John Rigby, National Savings and Investments
"CIPFA's flexible in-house training programme gave us the ability to offer relevant, cost effective and high quality CPD training across our service. The content and delivery was excellent, we would recommend CIPFA to our public sector colleagues."
Sarah Rapson, Cornwall County Council