People often choose their training based on what they think they need but without always thinking about wider or organisational skills gaps.
CIPFA’s training needs analysis service seeks to address this by helping organisations to:
- identify where skills gaps exist
- find appropriate training solutions
- ensure that training objectives are met.
Using our Key Competencies for Public Sector Finance Professionals as the basis for our discussions with you, the focus is on providing holistic, cost-effective recommendations that benefit both individuals and the wider organisation.
How does the service work?
We begin by talking to you. Our experts have extensive experience of the skills, knowledge and behaviours set out in the Key competencies and that we believe are required to support excellence in public financial management.
Whether there are gaps in any one of the four thematic areas featured in the Key Competencies – public sector context and needs, technical skills, leading and influencing and increasing public value – we can pinpoint exactly what needs to be done.
Our experts will:
- work closely with key personnel to develop an in-depth understanding of the critical competency requirements in relation to your organisation’s financial management
- carry out focus group meetings with a cross-section of staff to confirm the key competency requirements and understand more about any skills gaps that exist
- develop a draft online survey which can be deployed to a wider group of staff to confirm competency requirements and identify skills gaps
- prepare a report that details the competency requirements and skills gaps and make recommendations for action.
In partnership with CIPFA Penna, we can also work with you to evaluate any gaps in soft skills and behaviours, alongside an evaluation of any skills gaps.
How much does the service cost?
The cost will depend on a number of factors including the size of your organisation and the number of people working in finance roles. We would be very happy to discuss your needs and provide you with a quote.
Ready to talk?
Contact the training team to find out how the service can work to support your organisation.
T: +44 (0)20 7543 5600