A unique training course combining contemporary contract management theory and existing best practice.
Partnership arrangements between public bodies and private and third sector organisations are now integral to the delivery of public services, and have the potential to deliver cost savings, efficiencies and innovation.
However, high profile governance failures in procurement and contract management by some public bodies and feedback from those working in the public sector, point to a need to improve the skills of those who manage contracts.
A 10% discount is available to all CIPFA members, employees of organisations that are members of our Procurement and Commissioning Network, and NHS employees who quote 'HFMA' when booking.
- Book now for course starting 09 May 2024
- Book now for course starting 12 September 2024
- Book now for course starting 31 October 2024
Who is the course aimed at?
- New staff with responsibility for contract management.
- Experienced staff who have had no formal structured training or who would like to update their knowledge and skills.
- Staff working at various levels in all public bodies, including central government, non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs), local government, health and education.
The CIPFA Diploma in Contract Management is completed over approximately nine months. This includes:
- Eight days of classroom learning, delivered online
- Approximately 80 hours of additional work to complete the assessment requirements.
- Module one: Introduction to contract management (one day)
- Module two: Specification writing (one day)
- Module three: Service level agreements (one day)
- Module four: Negotiation skills (one day)
- Module five: Managing contracts (two days)
- Module six: Financial management and control (one day)
- Module seven: Exiting contracts and continuous improvement planning (one day).
Each module is assessed through a written assignment where you demonstrate your understanding and ability to transfer it to your own workplace.
On successful completion, you will be awarded the CIPFA Diploma in Contract Management, equivalent to a level seven (postgraduate) qualification.
On successful completion of the programme, you can apply for CIPFA Affiliate membership.
The programme can also be delivered in-house. This is especially cost effective for organisations interested in training a number of individuals or whole teams. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
All CIPFA training counts towards your continuing professional development (CPD). If you are a CIPFA Chartered Member, you are required to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of relevant CPD activity each year as part of maintaining your professional competence and to develop skills and knowledge.